Good sleep is the foundation of health, but all too often it’s a struggle to find. It shouldn’t be though - that’s why Better Sleep is one of our foundational pillars.
We’d like to invite you into our worlds by sharing our unique evening rituals – the secrets to our peaceful nights.
Pedram's Evening Unwind
My evenings are all about tranquillity and calming the manic thoughts of the day that stem from being a parent and working hard on formulations for KLORIS.
I usually have a warm cup of herbal tea, with some nice soothing aromatherapy oil in a diffuser.
Here's my nightly ritual:
- Chamomile, Lavender, Ashwaganda and Hemp tea for comfort - Pukka Tea do a great blend called Peace - it immediately signals to my brain and body that it’s winding down time.
- Mindful moments journaling: Spending a few quiet minutes in mindfulness, reflecting on and writing down a list of things that I’m grateful for in my day as well as things which haven’t gone as I’d intended, to keep working on tomorrow. I find that this helps prevent me from ruminating on them further into the night.
- A good book to immerse in - I always end my day by reading a chapter of a book when I’m in bed (currently Gabor Mate’s, Scattered Minds - one for those struggling with ADHD!). Along with a few drops of our KLORIS CBD oil and applying one of our KLORIS Sleep Patches on my inner wrist, this usually helps me drift off naturally.
Matt's Nature-Inspired Recharge
Evenings are my chance to reconnect with nature after a day that’s usually spent doing a lot of screen work.
I’ve got into the habit of taking a leisurely stroll with my dog to feel the fresh air at night after dinner.
Here's what my evening routine looks like:
- Nature's embrace: I take a calming stroll outdoors to reconnect with nature and do mindful breathing exercises (7 seconds in, hold for 4 seconds and 8 seconds breath out).
- Balm bliss: Applying our CBD Balm to the soles of my feet - this not only soothes them wonderfully but I find that combined with one of our Sleep Patches it quickly sends me off to a deep, restful sleep.
- Reading: I’m a book fanatic, and find it helps me slow down from the intense pace of the day. I usually stick to fiction when in bed - more often than not a good spy novel.
Kim's Cozy Retreat
Evenings for me are all about creating a cozy haven. Natural, soft lighting, soothing music, and a good book in hand. Here's my perfect set-up for a restful sleep.
- Creating a cozy atmosphere: Lighting candles isn’t just pretty, but turning off artificial light is key to helping signal to my brain that it’s time to relax, especially after looking at screens for a lot of the day.
- Literary escape: Escaping into a different world through the pages of a good book, the eye movement across the page also helps to relax our minds. Currently, I am reading ‘’Losing Eden’’ by Lucy Jones, which is about why and how nature is essential for our physical and mental wellbeing. It is written and presented in a really beautiful and data driven way. Which is an impressive combination to achieve!
- Balancing act: Finally, about 30 minutes before I want to be asleep, I wrap up the day with a few drops of KLORIS CBD Oil for balance and calmness, and apply our balm to the soles of my feet. This really works for me.